Monday, April 16, 2012

Stitching When All Else Fails

It wasn't the most pleasant of weekends. I don't know what it was but I just didn't feel right all weekend. I was tired. I was uncomfortable. My eyes were very dry and itchy and quite night, I had cramps in my shins which then migrated to my feet. And, I couldn't sleep, at least not at the usual time. I don't know why all of this happened over the weekend, but it did.

The best thing to do, when I have no idea when I'm going to fall asleep, is to cross-stitch. Friday night, after work, I loaded up the sink to wash some of the dishes and plopped down in the recliner to stitch while they were soaking. At batch number three, I came back to this.

This is where I sit. The light is to the upper right, off camera. The ottoman, where I store the unfinished project, the package with the floss, the chart and my current cup of tea is also to the right. I didn't get much done on Friday night as I couldn't bear to move her. Mija 1; Deb 0.

Saturday was way more productive. I got up at the usual time, had breakfast and decided to stitch for a couple hours while I did some wash.

Orange is now a part of the design. I started feeling "funky" about noon so I took a nap and wound up sleeping for 3 hours. I'm hoping this is not a side effect of the metholtrexate. My dosage has been upped to 6 pills a week now and I take them all on Friday. I felt find on Friday but just went downhill all day on Saturday. By the time it was time for bed, I couldn't sleep. I should know better than a long nap in the middle of the day. It will screw with what sleep schedule you have.

When tossing and turning didn't work, I got up at 1 a.m., sat in the recliner and stitched. At 4 a.m., I was sufficiently tired enough that I just grabbed a blanket and slept in the recliner. I still wasn't feeling well. I got up, took my morning meds and went back to sleep. I finally got up at 1 p.m., which meant that Sunday night was another fiasco of trying to get to sleep and stay there. But, the wee hours were great for stitching.

I've figured out how to stitch two-handed, too, which makes this go a bit faster. The hoop, which is large, rests on my chest. I stick the needle into the fabric with my left hand and pull it through with my right. The hard part is making sure I'm on the right row with the right color.

It might look like something to you if you squint.

Beverage:  Root beer


No comments:

Post a Comment